My Mystical Book Club group is currently reading The Intuitive Way. The book includes multiple journal exercises. The first one is to tell stories of my most intriguing experiences with intuitive knowing. I felt this would be a good blog entry as well, so am sharing here. What are some of your most intriguing experiences with intuitive knowing? Let me know in the comments.
I have several experiences I would like to share today. The first two occurred when I was about 7 or 8 years old. I have an aunt, who was like a second mom to me growing up. I was at her house every other weekend. In my first experience, I did not want to go to her house, because I just knew we were going to get into an epic fight. My mom made me go and assured me I was being silly. I went, and we did have an epic fight. It lead to me crying and asking for my mom to come get me. I don’t even remember what the fight was about, just that it happened. Is this intuition or self-fulfilling prophecy?
The next experience with this aunt occurred around the same year. My aunt was supposed to go out and meet friends or on a date. I don’t remember which. I felt very strongly that if she went out, something bad was going to happen. I had fear and anxiety twisting in my stomach. I told her that if she went out something bad was going to happen. I cried and pleaded for her not to go. She went anyway, I’m sure brushing off my statements as being overly emotional or just not wanting her to go. I couldn’t sleep and I stayed up. She didn’t come home at the time she told the babysitter. I was crying again. When she eventually came home, I found out that she had been in a car accident on the icy roads.
My next experience occurred when I was about 13 or 14 years old. My parents took a vacation and they got a friend from their church to stay with us kids. One evening of the trip, I became anxious and told her that I had a bad feeling about something. I didn’t know what, I just had a bad feeling. Of course “having feelings” wasn’t acceptable to the church friend. She called my parents, and I got in trouble for freaking out the babysitter. Later that night, we got a phone call from someone saying that when we went to bed they were going to set our house on fire. At the time, a bully on my bus would follow me home from the bus stop, telling me he was going to rape me. I figure it was him trying to scare us. No one set the house on fire, but the phone call alone was scary enough.
The last story that sticks out in my mind when it comes to intuition occurred around the time I was 25 or 26. My boyfriend at the time and I had just moved to a new neighborhood. He had also switched departments at his job and would now be traveling for work. On his first week out of town for work, my cousin who was visiting from out of town stayed with me the first 4 nights. The last night I would be by myself. That night I hung out in the living room quite late. I was creeped out but I chalked it up to being in a new place and being alone at night for the first time in a long time. Around 1:00 a.m. I finally dragged myself to bed. However, since I was still creeped out, I left the stove light on, got my boyfriend’s gun and put it on my night table, and I didn’t turn on music or the fan, like I usually do. I had trouble falling asleep but I must have eventually dozed off. Around 3:00 a.m. I heard a very loud noise. It sounded like rifle fire. I got the gun, got low on the floor so I could see down the hallway and called my mom. The noise happened again and she could hear it through the phone. She said she was coming and told me to call the police. I called the police, and waited crouching, for either my mom or the police to get there or for someone to come down my hallway. My mom got their first, and I sprinted through the house – alert for potential dangers. This was a corner unit and my mom came to the door where the driveway was. My mom, brother and I were standing outside when the officer finally came. He made us put our guns on the kitchen counter and come back outside. At some point while he was talking to us, someone was in my house. They stole my purse and some small items. The noise I heard was them kicking in the other door. The next day, we immediately started looking at Condos and Townhomes and I moved within a month. This is probably one of the scariest things to happen to me. As a result, I don’t enjoy being alone overnight. I can only imagine what would have happened if they had gotten inside before the police came.
So, those are some of my stories. If you would like to share some of yours, I would love to hear them. Comment below.
I have so many experiences with my intuition. Most recently, the other night we got drive thru for dinner and my hubby wanted a frosty. Something told me not to get a frosty. I said that we had ice cream at home and he did not need to get one. I still haven't figured out why I was so adamant on his not getting a frosty, but nonetheless I listened to my intuition. I did apologize for coming off as controlling. Thank goodness my husband is sensitive too and completely understood.
ReplyDelete